Tuesday, May 19, 2009

THE BIKE'Y DILEMMA?!!


It's time to buy myself a bike! I remember telling one of my dad's friend on how I would like my first vehicle to be...a car rather than a bike! Ofcourse, immature statements...Unaware of the real fun that's associated with biking! It should be okay as i was jus 10 then!


Years have rolled by... and now I am here looking out for a bike that would become my first vehicle. It's so important u knw! I mean... it's the first time in your life... you are gonna choose somethin on which you wil be riding a lot! Ofcourse it drives you crazy as well! (Double-entendre un-intended!)


Let me cut it short! This i how I have planned my bike to be...
  • 125 or 135ccShould weigh ok...(I shd be able to handle it with ease!)

  • Comfort!(can't take back pain plzzzz!)

  • Mileage(ideal - 70???)

Well these are the parameters and specifications i m lookin out for!
Initial research which includes word-of-mouth suggestions from friends and forum discussions in websites have led me to the folllowing models:
Honda Shine & Bajaj Discover 135!


Though both of it don fit my crieteria perfectly... they seem to be the closest ones!
Heard that Honda shine gives a around 55-60kmpl in city limits! I have driven it twice or thrice... It was pretty comfortable! To top it all... its HONDA ENGINE u knw! Point taken!



Coming to Bajaj's Discover... well... my family..somehow has been Bajaj loyalists! Bajaj kawasakis & bajaj calibers... and bajaj XYZ...BAjaj @##%.. it has always been a BAJAJ! I have rode Discover a lot many times... courtesy : my room mate! However I might break out from the Bajaj loyality club! lol!



Let's c! Wil keep you posted on which one I end up buyin! Watever it may be... It's gonna be really special to me!

2 comments:

Mercury Ball said...

Dude! you have forgotten a very important aspect - Height of the bike :)! Make sure your legs reach the earth on both sides, after u get seated in ur bike!! (No double meaning!! Lol!)

rithu parnan said...

lol! well i meant that in the parameter of comfort! i m sure i wont be comfortable in a bike whr my legs don reach the ground!

Anyways.. Point taken!